Some have asked, “Why do you talk so much about faith? It seems like this “Word of Faith” thing is all you talk about!”
Well, that’s a legitimate question that deserves a legitimate answer!
Number one, it’s what we are called to preach and teach. Other ministries are called to preach other aspects of the Word. We are all members of one body but we are not all knees or all elbows! We are called for different functions and operations in the body!
Here is a simple outline of why we study faith…
- It is impossible to please God without faith. Hebrews 11:6
- A person cannot be saved without faith. Ephesians 2:8
- One cannot live the Christian life without faith. Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:38 and Habakkuk 2:4
- One cannot fight the Christian fight without faith. 1 Timothy 6:12, 2 Timothy 4:7
- One cannot overcome the world without faith. 1 John 5:1-4
- Whatever is not of faith is sin. Romans 14:23
- One cannot stand without faith. 2 Corinthians 1:24, Romans 11:20
- The gift of righteousness from God is received by faith (Romans 10:1-6)
- One cannot function in the grace of God without faith (Romans 4:16)
And if that wasn’t enough to get you fired up about it, faith just simply puts us in REALLY good company because it is what God uses to get things done (Hebrews 11:3) and it what the Apostle Paul preached (Romans 10:8) and lived by (Galatians 3:11)!
This is not just a passing part of your Christian life! It is how we live our life and Paul tells us to CONTINUTE in faith and be rooted and grounded in it (Colossians 1:23)
THAT’S why we study faith!